Thursday, October 20, 2011

Baby Shower - part two!

Well, I'm pretty lucky because I have both family and friends that are excited to see this baby arrive.  My girlfriends here in DE also threw a baby shower for me.  Natalie and Rachel were amazing and kept a very secret theme from me until the day of the party.  As the days ticked down and got closer, I was SO excited to see what they had planned.  Being the good friends they are, they knew that I just wasn't up for a super formal baby shower and instead threw me a "White Trash" baby shower.  Everyone dressed up and they had a white tank top waiting for me.  :)

Unfortunately, the night of the party was also the night Hurricane Irene decided to blow into town.  While many of us stayed, many also had to evacuate.  So the party was a little short lived so everyone could get home to prepare and evacuate if needed.  I wouldn't have changed a thing, though.  We had so much fun and it was nice to talk about something other than all the hurricane drama.  But I did miss the fun girls that evacuated early...pretty reasonable excuse not to come.  What a crazy week that was - hurricane and earthquake.  Wow.

Decorations!
 The diaper cake was hilarious.  Who wouldn't love a beer "bottle" and ash tray cake topper? 


 Gourmet snack foods...pizza too and "hurricane" drink mix!




 The girls brought their own "balloon babies" to complete their costumes.  :)
 We played games, too.  I was the worst.  Totally lost!  Even put the diaper on backwards!!
 Rosebud shoes for Rosie - love it!

 And let's be clear...I was given the beer to hold for the pic and it's non-alcoholic.  :)
These girls are too much fun - I loved it.

No comments: