Friday, October 14, 2011

Baby Rosie

As usual...it's been a bit since I updated the 'ole blogster....sorry.

To make up for it, we've got big news.  Mike came home from his deployment in February and just as we were preparing for the journey of fertility testing and treatment, I found out I was pregnant!  The doctor was as shocked as we were - I believe he high-fived Mike....guys are so weird.  Needless to say we were ecstatic and the last nine months have flown by.  We're down the last couple weeks, just waiting for the arrival of our little baby GIRL.  Her name will be Rosalia Marguerite, but we'll call her Rosie for short.  Marguerite was my Grandmother's name.  I had asked for permission to use it before my Grandmother's passing a couple years ago, so it means a lot to me that we're having a girl and able to pass the name along. 

Rosie's room is all ready to go.  Took some pics, but the photo that shows the wall with the big window didn't quite turn out since it was too bright outside.
 Some of my favorite things from the room...
 
  
I made the wall hanging.  It was fun project.



 Jersey still thinks the room is his.  He naps during the day in here all the time. 
We'll see if he finds a slightly quieter room to nap in after little Rosie is born. 


Why don't adults have fun hooded bath towels?


Downstairs we have a fun swing ready to go for her. 
Apparently if she gets thirsty the beer 'fridge isn't far away.  Clearly we're still new to the parenting thing.
Below is a photo of her profile done at 32 weeks. 
You can see the left side of her face.  I think she definitely looks like Mike.
We'll see soon enough - she'll be here any day.  Yay!!
 

1 comment:

Morgan said...

how cute is that room!!! Love it all! So excited for you and can't wait to meet little Rosie!