Friday, October 15, 2010

Friends, Friends, Friends

Mike and I have the greatest friends.  While he was down at Maxwell AFB in Alabama hanging out with Jo and Paul, I had some visitors.  Unfortunately, Mike didn't take any photos while he was out having fun.  Highlights of his trip were "hiking" to the highest point in Alabama and watching his favorite band, Here Come the Mummies, play live!  He raved about the concert...didn't have too much to say about the hike.  Check out a photo from their most recent concert, below.  These guys actually dress like mummies!  He also got an invitation to a cupcake party for one very adorable 2 year old, Kayla Carr in North Carolina.  On the way down he was able to see Julie and his brother from another mother, Brett.
So while Mike was being mystified by men wrapped in toilet paper, I traveled down to Ft. Lee in VA to meet up with Ann.  Troy was there for an award ceremony and Ann tagged along so she and I could go have fun.  We took a little drive to Williamsburg.  Honestly, we were so chatty that I can't say we even learned one bit of history.  We were too busy goofing around and taking silly photos.

I always knew she was crazy!

George Washington's Pew


                   

My boyfriend, T.J.

 All this food was for educational purposes only.  It was real, delicious smelling food, but because visitors are constantly walking by, the health department doesn't allow the baker to give out goodies.  SO not impressed.
  Yummy smelling cinnamon rolls...mmmm




Creepy Pet Cemetery...                          


Till next time, my friend.

Not long after I came back from VA, Holls came out to visit!  Woohoo!
She was really only here a few days, but we totally made the most of every minute.
Starting with an awesome trip to NYC - and we even had tour guides - Mike's parents, Teri and Chris.

 

 Talk about a trip highlight! 
We watched Mary Poppins together and while it may sound so cheesy,
it was really just magical, what an amazing show. 
love love love.
 uhm.  My other boyfriend, A.C.
 Holly said she was contemplating the news...
I like to think she's contemplating why it is that Fox still airs "news"?!
 
We just wanted a photo in front of 30 Rock, but this guy was not catching on that we didn't want him in the photo.  Sorry Holls, this is all NY was willing to give ya!  Think of it as character.

 At the NBC store Holly insisted she needed a male model that was about the same size as Derek,
so she could bring him home a souvenir t-shirt. 
A few more minutes and I think she might have flown the "model" home instead of the t-shirt. 
hehehe!

 We also had a fantastic lunch and made a trip through the giant American Girl Doll store for Holly's lucky little ones. 


Later the following day we made a late afternoon trip into D.C. and did some serious walking around. 
It was beautiful day to be there!



 We went through the American History Museum.  Really awesome place. 
I could go back a thousand times.


 Check out the mold of Lincoln's hand, below!


 As it turned to night in D.C., Holls and I were still trying to squeeze in every last bit. 
But on the way from the Lincoln Memorial walking back to the White House, catastrophe struck. 
My flip flop broke. 
Being the MacGyver I am, I was able to temporarily fix it. 
Let me just say that I would NOT recommend walking barefoot on D.C. sidewalks.  I'm just sayin'...

After Holly headed back to Colorado, Theresa flew into D.C. for a conference and we got to hang out for a couple days.  We did a much briefer D.C. tour, to include the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and then headed to Rehoboth where we could make our own history at the outlet malls!

I dropped Theresa off with some friends of her's that live about an hour south of me.  Her friends have a MASSIVE dog.  Check this thing out.  Seriously.  This is a giant dog.
Thanks to everyone for coming out!  I had sooo much fun.  And I know Mike was training in Alabama, but he had an awesome time, too!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

great photos! You know it takes an especially confident kind of girl to wear a dress with lobsters all over it ;)

Wade said...

I'm relatively sure that ASBC doesn't count as "training" - especially not for someone with as much time in service as Mike.