Our fondest memories of Ft. Lewis, WA all revolve around new friends we met there. Our former neighbor, Myrna is certainly at the top of that list! She could have just kept to herself next door, but fortunately both she and I are far too curious and nosey for that to have happened. Myrna is much more than a friend to Mike and I, she is very much part of our family and I was SO excited when she visited us in Dover for 2 weeks this summer.
I'm a little behind on blogging, so the photos below don't come close to doing our trip together justice since I'm trying to get caught up. I can't wait for her next visit...
We started our sightseeing in Philadelphia and stayed at a FANTASTIC hotel right down the street from Elfreth's Alley.
And what would Philly be without Rocky?!
Look carefully at the former careers on the grave site below!
I love that not only are the careers mentioned, but there's photos, too!
This grave is located in the same cemetery as Benjamin Franklin.
We also took an awesome carousel ride.
Next time the Eagle is mine.
From Philadelphia we checked out the historical district in Dover and our local beaches.
Then we took a day trip to Mt. Vernon. LOVE it there!!
That's not Myrna - that's Martha Washington. haha. :)
From Dover it was off to the beaches! Ocean City, MD followed by Cape May and Atlantic City. Fantastic!
We were lucky to see the wild ponies at Assateague Island near Ocean City, MD.
FAVORITE part of our trip - Lucy the Elephant in Margate City. Lucy is a 65 ft tall wooden elephant built in 1881. Lucy is even recognized as a National Historical Site. Oh, and I'd just like to point out what a crummy picture Myrna took of me next to Lucy... No digital cameras for you, Myrna. :)
We eventually ended our trip back in Pennsylvania at Washington's Crossing. As you can see, we were pretty bummed that day. The rain was horrible and the visitor's center was closed. What a bust!
Thanks for coming out to visit Myrna!! Can't wait for the next time.

1 comment:
YAY for updates! Finally ;)! Looks like a great time!
Post a Comment