Our family came out to visit for the 4th of July and we did all sorts of stuff. Our boring little town turned out to be not so bad after all! I think this trip could be referred to as the "what can we make Annie do that she doesn't want to do" trip. Annie tried all sorts of things like shooting guns, riding a motorcycle, kayaking, and lighting scary fireworks. She was a champ!
We spent a few days in town here, and then went to a GREAT resort in San Antonio. Our favorite place was the lazy river within the resort. Very nice! It was incredibly hot here over the 4th of July and we could have lounged in the water all day. We also did some shopping and attempted some sightseeing - but again, it was too hot to spend too much time outdoors. Thanks to the family for coming out. We'll be seeing you all soon!!
In other news, we are officially moving to Dover, DE later this year. Mike got the word last week and we've heard good things about it so far. It's only two hours from Mike's side of the family so we couldn't be happier. This will be the first time we've lived close to either of our families. Also, I got word my company is going to save me an open position at Dover, so I'll have my same job when I get there! Yay!!
In addition, my brother Kyle left for Germany last week. **sob sob** We're excited for him and there are weekly flights from Dover to Ramstein so he hasn't seen the last of us yet!
That's a whole other blog entry though!
Great Holiday!
2 comments:
ahhhhhhh, so fun! I'm sure it is exciting for you guys that your job will be waiting for you.....but I was secretly hoping it wouldn't be so then nothing would stop you from visiting ALL the time!!!
Hey!! Dover is only like 80 miles away from us!! We'll have to get together ;) We can go to the beach together ;)
Post a Comment