Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Kyle's Next Duty Station

Kyle is still in technical training at Lackland AFB here in Texas. He called tonight and was very excited to say his next duty station will be Germany! Wow, what a big move to make. He said he can't wait to get going, but is really nervous at the same time.

And now for a little sisterly bragging.... I'm soooo proud of him. A year ago he was really undecided about where he wanted his life to go and you can tell speaking with him now he's ready for the future and wants "to be all he can be"...but in the Air Force. :) He is also smoke-free and has been for almost a year which is SUPER awesome. Mike and I went to see him last weekend in San Antonio and he wasted me on a 4.5 mile run. There was no way I could have kept up - I can still remember the first run we went for last summer when he was sucking wind during the first half mile. He's just amazing in my book! Looking back at the last year I think of Mike's favorite phrase from Chris - Isn't it weird!?

While in San Antonio we watched the new Terminator movie - let me just say it was intense. At first I thought maybe only I felt that way because I don't really watch thriller type movies, but so far everyone has agreed. At one point Mike jumped and grabbed MY arm! It was really good! Time magazine said it was an action movie wrapped in an action movie, with a side of bombing. Perfect review!

Just before we left for San Antonio, a guy in Mike's class, Dan, was promoted to 1st Lieutenant. Mike conducted the ceremony and this is a picture of his class. Mike started working the night shift this week which is kind of a bummer for me, but really nice for him. The instructors don't like staying late so he usually gets out much earlier than he would working the day shift. Mike is supposed to get his own orders for our next duty station sometime this month. We can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always showing the crappy photos your killin my rep!