Things I’m thankful for not only on this day, but everyday:
- That I was born in America and have had a chance to accept so many amazing opportunities. Sometimes we take this for granted and today is a good day to ground ourselves and remember just how lucky we are.
- My husband, Michael. Even though Mike is away I cannot complain. He’s not in harm’s way like so many of our friends are (we’re thinking of you all, always) and he’s made a huge transition from the Army to the Air Force in order to better our life. I’m truly grateful. I know if he were single he’d be doing all the “cool guy” things the Army has to offer. :)
- My brother, Kyle. Living here in Texas is not ideal for him and he thought he’d be here just a short time till he joined the Air Force. Now it doesn’t look like he’s going to leave till March, but he still maintains a great attitude and I love having him here to keep me company. He truly is a best friend to me and I’m grateful we have that kind of relationship.
- Michael and I’s outstanding parents, family, and friends. You're always there for us and we love you dearly. We’re so lucky to have people around us that support us in our endeavors and inspire us to work hard for the goals we set.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and thank you for being a part of Mike and I’s lives.
On a lighter note, I'm also thankful IHOP was open today! Kyle and I decided we wanted to take it easy and go out to dinner for Thanksgiving. Originally we planned to go to The Olive Garden, but when we got there they were closed. We forgot how small of a town we're in and just assumed it would be open! Ooops! Thankfully we can always count on IHOP. Not ideal, but it made for a fun memory. When we came home after dinner I put on Mike's favorite T-shirt that I made him upon HIS request: ILUV IHOP. How appropriate.

No comments:
Post a Comment