Thursday, January 31, 2013

Annie Turns 16

The state of PA had better watch out - Annie has a license and is on the move.

Some back story.  Michael bought his Honda Accord when he was just 18 and was in training at DLI, in Monterey.  That car has taken us across the nation and back so many times.  It even hopped a boat ride to Hawaii and back.  When he bought it, Annie was only five years old.  Even as he and I were dating, I can remember him saying he hoped to give the car to his little sister one day on her 16th birthday.

Fast forwarding to Annie's 16th birthday, here is Michael giving away that same Honda to Annie just as he said he would.  Annie, we love you so much.  While the Honda isn't some kind of awesome, magical, teenage envy inducing automobile - it is a symbol of your brother's true love and dedication.  I promise we only made out in it a couple times and the air freshener is new.  ;)

We surprised Annie with the ticket to her new freedom as she arrived home from school.
 Grandpa was there to celebrate, too!


 We went with her on her first test drive.
Where else should we go but the McDonalds drive through!
 Then it was onto the actual party.
Rosie met up with her Great Aunts.  GREAT AUNTS.  
None of them look old enough for that title.  
Spring chickens, these three.
 Rosie and the birthday girl.  I can't wait to pull this photo out on Rosie's 16th birthday.
I have no doubts that Annie will be just as beautiful.

 Three generations!
Grandpa Svoboda is 96.





 We've made a tradition to run the Travis Manion 9/11 5k with Annie each year.  They host runs all over the country.  This took place during the same weekend as the party.  It's a great event with a wonderful cause.  I was pretty proud to come in fourth for my age group (while recognizing that the group was relatively small!)

We'll leave you with a picture of Jersey realizing there's a new boss in town, 
and she's got a whole lot of cuteness going for her that Grandma's just can't resist.
He just doesn't stand a chance.

No comments: