Our good friend, Theresa, and her little girl that's the same age as Rosie, Alexis, came from Hohenfels for a visit before we took off for the States. We had been up to see them once already and I was super excited to have a repeat visit. She took me to a French pottery village about two hours from Ramstein. It was unbelievable. An entire village that handmade each piece of pottery and there were stores upon stores filled with different styles and colors. I was in love.
*I bought that cream colored polka dot piece*
We asked to watch a lady hand paint a piece.
She was happy to have us take pictures, I think. Her smile seemed to say, "it's cool."
Took this picture of a crystal shop for my sister in law, Annie.
It was so great that this furry mess of a dog was laying wherever he could fit.
Watching him saunter about without touching any of the stacked towers of pottery was impressive.
Then it was onto an incredibly overpriced lunch. :)
Rosie was being silly.
And teething.
Hello, germs. Get in my mouth.
Alexis has to be thinking Rosie is a nut job.
Yep, I'm a mind reader!
Check please.
Rosie and Alexis were such troopers. We toted them all over every street in this village, several times. Thank goodness for the baby carriers - how did parents ever survive without these?!
Mike and I saw soooo many parents trying to navigate cobblestones and stairs while using strollers and we couldn't help but say each time how lucky we were to have been wearing Rosie in her little baby pack.
The pottery experience was no different.
** ECLAIR ALERT**
Most delicious and refreshing dessert I've ever tasted. Please beam me there now.
I'm going to let you in on a secret. We got one....then went back for a second.
The pottery place below was my favorite by far. Loved it inside and out.
Thanks for driving to see me, Theresa. I missed you the second you left. xoxo.

No comments:
Post a Comment